Ulu Mosque (Centrum)
It is a construction of Artukluoglu tribe of XII Century. The construction has many embellishments and adornments.
Latifiye (Abdullatif) Mosque (Centrum)
It is understood from the marble on the crown gate that it was built by Abdulatif who was on duty during the second period of the Sultans of Artuklu in 1371. Georgian Mehmet Pasha, the governor of Mosul, built the current minaret in 1845. The crown-gate on the east is one of the best-preserved constructions in Mardin. Late pulpit and gathering–place are one of the authentic examples of Seljuk wood working.
Zinciriye Theological School (Centrum)
The construction dating back to 1385 is composed of a rectangular mosque spreading over a vast area, a lodge and various attachments. Its adornments are very rich.
Kasimiye Theological School (Centrum)
It is assumed that the theological school whose construction started during the sovereignty of Artuklu was completed between 1487- 1502 during the reign of Kasim, the Akkoyunlu Sultan.
Melik Mahmud Mosque (Bab Es Sur Mosque-Centrum)
It is on the north of the road to Savur gate. While the date of construction is stated as 1363-1364 on the inscription on the crown-gate, Clerk Ferdi states the date as 1362- 1363.
Deyr Ul Zaferan Monastery (Centrum)
It is a monastery built in the 4th century and on 5 km east of Mardin. Meryem Ana [Virgin Mary] Church (Theodoros Temple) and Mar Yakup Monastery and Deyr ul Zaferan dented into the rocks on 1 km north of the monastery forms a triad. There is a historic New Testament and a holy stone inside the monastery and it is said that the first faculty of medicine was founded here. Deyr ul Zaferan is one of the most popular historic constructions of Upper Mesopotamia and the religious center of Syrian Kadim Community. The monastery was founded in the 4th century and mosaics dating back to those days still survive. One of the major features of the monastery having a vivid historical appearance is that there are graves of 52 Syrian patriarchs inside the construction.
Mar Izozil Monastery (Midyad)
It is the oldest monastery of the area. It is between Mar Yakup and Deyr ul Seyde Monasteries. It is known under the name of Mar Izozil from Samisat who lived at the beginning of the 4th century.
Deyr Ul Umur (Mar Gabriel-Midyad)
It is on 18 km east of Midyad. One of the most popular and largest constructions of Syrian Kadim Community, the monastery is located on a high hill. The fountains of the monastery were laid in 397 AD and it was completed in a short time. Attachments were constructed inside and outside the monastery in different dates. These are shelters and places for worshipping for the priests built during the period of King Arcadius, memorial house where sarcophagus were placed during the age of King Junior Theodosyus, Meryem Ana [Virgin Mary] Church used today, Resuller Church, Kirk Sehitler [Forty Martyrs] Church, the sanctuary where Mar Sumuel was buried, the sanctuary of Mar Semun from Kartmin on the southwest of the monastery, Theodora Dome with motifs rising on eight arches, the dome constructed by the Egyptians who arrived for the purpose of visiting and who were influenced by the splendor of the building and took part in the construction of the monastery and a big sanctuary constructed in 512 by King Anastos and famous for its motifs and mosaics.
Meryem Ana [Virgin Mary] Church (Midyad)
It is in the borders of the village Hah on the Dargecit road and on 40 km east of the town Midyad.