Mevlana Tomb and Dergah (Central District)
The establishment of the tomb was done according to Mevlana’s father, Sultan-ul Ulema Bahaeddin Veledin’s will in 1230, who is buried here. The tomb has a simple structure. After Mevlana’s death, Pervane Muiniddin and his wife Gurcu Hatun built a tomb for Mevlana here. Afterwards, the tomb has experienced religious and social kind of modifications and today this place is a Mevlevi Dergah. The modifications of the tomb were initiated after Mevlana’s Death in 1273 and the dergah was opened as a museum after establishment of Republic of Turkey. In this museum, precious writings, Arabic writings and gliding samples, glass and wooden handicraft works, Mevlevi musical instruments, carpets and rugs that came to this museum through Mevlana and other Mevlevis or other various ways, are being displayed.The most interesting part of the tomb is the Kubbe-i Hadra (Green Dome) that is above the graves of Mevlana and his son Sultan Veledin. This dome was built in 1396 during Selcuklu period by architect Mimar Bedreddin and it is covered with green china. In the north part of the tomb there is a Semahane (place where Mevlevis do the sema ritual), which was built in 16th century by Kanuni Sultan Suleyman, and a mosque. Seb-i Aruz Pool is at the front of the dergah kitchen. At the anniversaries of Mevlana’s death – the days that are called Seb-i Aruz (Wedding Day) – sema ritual is being performed around the pool. The day of Mevlana’s death and his return to Allah is defined and treated as a holiday. Above all, Mevlana was a big friend of humanity, peace advocate and a great beacon.
Alaaddin Mosque (Central District)
This mosque is located on the Alaaddin Hill. It was built during Selcuklu period in 12th century and has experienced multiple changes since then. On the ebony minbar (pulpit) of the mosque that was made in 1155, there are Sultan Mesut and II. Kilicaslan’s epigraphs; also the names of Mengumberti master from Ahlat are written on it.
Ince Minareli (Thin Minaret) Mosque and Theological School (Central District)
This theological school is located at the west side of the Alaaddin Hill. It was built in 1260 by Selcuklu Vizier Sahip Ata. The building has a pompous crown entrance, however other decorations are insignificant. The stone engravement show Selcuklu architecture strength and are one of the noblest forms of art since the times of French gothic art.
Iplikci Mosque and Theological School (Central District)
The first building of the school is thought to be built in the period of Kilicaslan II, by vizier Semseddin Altunbanin (Altiapa) at the end of 12th century. The mosque and the theological school were expanded and renewed by Haci Ebu Bekir, in 1332.The mihrap (niche indicating the direction of Mecca) has geometric motifs that are made of turquoise and violet china; also there are turquoise-blue curled Rumis at the two sides of the mihrap. This mihrap is one of the oldest of its kind in Anatolia. This building is important due to its age and the fact that Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi has given lessons in this building.
Sahip Ata Kulliye (Central District)
Research, made in the recent years, shows that Sahip Ata Mosque’s borders actually extend till the double-minaret border and that this mosque was actually a wooden mosque built on wooden columns. The building was established by Selcuklu vizier Sahip Ata and as indicated in written evidences, is known to be a masterpiece of architect Koluk Bin Abdullah. This mosque is one of the oldest wooden column-bearing mosques that were built during the period of Selcuks of Anatolia. Only marvelous ceramic mosaic of this building remained intact till our days.
Lala Mustafa Pasa Kulliye (Ilgin)
This kulliye consists of a mosque, a hostel for pilgrims and a hostel. Mosque occupies a wide area of the kulliye. This kulliye was established in 1576 by Lala Mustafa Pasa and some sources indicate that this building was built by famous architect Mimar Sinan.
Esrefoglu Mosque (Beysehir)
This mosque was built between years 1296-1299 and is one of the biggest and most original wooden mosques of Anatolia. The ornaments on stone and wood, handwritten ornaments and mosaic ceramic decorations were done in one of the most mature and recent Selcuklu art style and demonstrate wholeness with it in harmony.
Nasreddin Hoca Tomb (Aksehir)
Located at the East of Aksehir’s city walls in the cemetery with the same name. The building has lost its original view due to the repairs. The today’s view of the tomb was given to it in 1905 by Aksehir governor Sukru Bey. Only the central main tomb remains intact. In order to symbolize the life of the architect, his date of death (683 Hicri, 1284 AD) is written as “386” on the marble chest located on his grave.
Sille Siyata Monastery (Central District)
This monastery is located 8 km North-West of the Konya city center. This monastery is one of the important ones that belong to the early Christianity period. Akmanastir Monastery, which is also known as Haglos Kharitan (St. Choritan) Monastery and many other monasteries were engraved in rocks by monks and are among the earliest monasteries in the world.
Ak Monastery (Haglos Kharitan-Sille)
The building consists of rooms engraved in the rocks and structures surrounding them. It was built in 274 AD in the name of Saint Horion.
Haghia Eleni Church (Sille)
Located in Sille, this church was built in 327 AD during the period of Emperor Konstantinus. It is one of the earliest Christian churches in Anatolia. The church is decorated with frescos of Mother Mary, Jesus and the apostles.
Lystra (Hatun Saray-Meram)
This building is located South-West of Konya, 1 km away from Hatunsaray Town, and 400 meters at the right side of the highway, in a place called Zolkara.During the period of Lystra Roma Emperor Augustus (6 BC) this building was a part of Nykaoline region colony cities and then during Christianity age it became one of the important bishop centers. St. Paul and Barnabas, who were traveling from Tarsus to Yalvac (Antiocheia) could not take refuge here and after coming to Lystra, they were giving sermons in this building. Artemus, who was one of the 12 apostles, served as Lystra bishop. Today there are remains of housings in the region of Lystra.