Some qualities that differentiate Istanbul from other cities:
- The only city in the world located on two continents (Europe and Asia) is Istanbul.
- The only city that has been the capital of three great empires (Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman) is Istanbul.
- The city with the most beautiful silhouette in the world with beautiful and splendid historical artifacts on its seven hills.
- The only city that saw the ships moving on the land is İstanbul. (When Fatih Sultan Mehmet conquered Istanbul in 1453, he placed 72 pieces of ships over sledges from Tophane and passed them over the hills from Kasımpasa to Golden Horn with the mechanism he installed.)
- The first city that saw human kind wear wings and fly is Istanbul. (Hezarfen Ahmet Celebi, has let himself in the air from Galata Tower in European side before the eyes of people in Istanbul and flew 3200 metres with wings he made on his own to land on Doğancılar Square in Uskudar)
- The Tunnel which is the second oldest subway in Europe is also the shortest subway. This subway which is the reason of a district of Istanbul to be named as Tunnel combines Taksim and Sishane districts to Karakoy.